1. Theme for Year 2009 - The Acceptable Year of the Lord
Luke 4:17-22 (New King James Version)
17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
18 “ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”
2. Luke 4:17-22 was quoted from Isaiah 61:
Isaiah 61:1-7 (New King James Version)
The Good News of Salvation
1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the LORD,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
- Notice that Jesus stopped after He read the line, "To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord" in Isaiah 61 verse 2, and did not continue with "And the day of vengeance of our God..."...
* Vengence of God - day
* Acceptable YEAR of the lord - year
* to show that, God's heart is not on judgement, but on delight, favors and acceptance - year 2009 is a year of delight, favors and acceptance from God!
3. Proclaims: dektos (Hebrew) - Most blessed time where salvation and free favor of God profusely abound!
- Favors - something that we do not deserve;
- Year 2009 is going to be the DEKTOS year of the Lord!!! Amen!!!
4. 2 Corinthians 1:20 (New King James Version)
"20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us"
- say YES and AMEN to all promises of God!!!
- Amen - so be upon me! I believe!
Lord, I say YES and AMEN to year 2009 being the Dektos year of the Lord, on me and my family!!!
5. Revelation 3:14 (New King James Version)
14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[a] write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
- Jesus is called 'The Amen'.
- when we say "Amen", we are saying "Jesus"! We say Amen to all promises in Christ Jesus!
6. Christ has ransomed us from the curse of the old testament, into all promises and blessings in the Bible.
- Last word in old testament - curse
- Last word in new testament - Amen!
7. 1 Peter 3:10-11:
1 Peter 3:10-11 (New King James Version)
“ He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
- if you believe, you will see Good Days!
- refrain from "speaking evil"...not only swear words but to refrain from any negative talks or speaking anything negative (e.g. i am getting OLDER etc.)
- Jesus bore my sins, guilt and condemnation, we should not be suffering for these things. But instead we will be suffering for Love's sake.
8. Eph 6:13:
Ephesians 6:13 (New King James Version)
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- evil day - singular. We will see many good days! Even when evil day comes, we will withstand the short season of evil day!
- Good days are long and many; evil day is short
9. Learn to say 'I love life', 'love living', 'enjoy and glad to be alive'. Refrain your tongue from evil, words that are not in line with God. God says you will see good days, good life, say yes and amen, despite the circumstamces.
10. Stop your whinning, what has happened has happened. Stop living in the past. Look forward to the good days ahead!!
11. Proverbs 3:2
Proverbs 3:2 (New King James Version)
2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.
- God wants us to have long life, full of peace!
- "Length of day: - blessed days feel long and full, all the time in the world. Redeem the time to beat stress into a relax mode.
12. Keep your tongue by speaking in tongue - ask the Holy Spirit to take over when you are angry and wants to speak evil.
Deuteronomy 11:18-21 (New King James Version)
18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.
- speak in line with God's words.
- Bless us with days of heaven upon the earth!
13. Matt 27:45-46:
Matthew 27:45-46 (New King James Version)
Jesus Dies on the Cross
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
- when Jesus died at the cross, from around noon to 3, when it was supposedly the brightest part of the day, became dark.
- Jesus came to redeem us from the dark days on the cross.
- notice how God turned His back on His Son, when Jesus bore our sins and all at the cross...and towards us...to welcome us home. He can now turn towards us, as we are now covered with the righteousness of Jesus!
- Psalm 22:1-3 was quoted by Jesus at the cross.
14. Curses that Christ has redeemed us from at the Cross:
- Deut 28:29 - curse in this verse is refering to the 3 hours of darkness when Christ died on the cross.
- Deut 28:66-68:
Deuteronomy 28:66-68 (New King James Version)
66 Your life shall hang in doubt before you; you shall fear day and night, and have no assurance of life. 67 In the morning you shall say, ‘Oh, that it were evening!’ And at evening you shall say, ‘Oh, that it were morning!’ because of the fear which terrifies your heart, and because of the sight which your eyes see.
68 “And the LORD will take you back to Egypt in ships, by the way of which I said to you, ‘You shall never see it again.’ And there you shall be offered for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.”
- but praise God, He sent His Son...and His Son has paid the price at the Cross to buy us, and He has ransomed us!
15. With Jesus, we can change our future and destiny!
i am excited and looking forward to year 2009....